Tuesday, February 2, 2010

YW Lesson #6 - Sharing Work in the Home


The Neal A. Maxwell quote in this lesson was a super good one so I wanted to use it on this. CLICK HERE for the pdf that will make it easy peasy to recreate this handout! I am also posting the pattern I made for the broom. I cut the handle out of brown cardstock and the broom part from yellow. I added some brown chalk ink highlights along the edges of the broom and then used a black extra fine sharpie to add the linework. I adhered the broom to the handout using pop-dots so it would stand off the page a bit. I had some pink cording I tied around the broom but embroidery floss would work too.

I've had many of you email and ask what kind of scrapbooking paper I use for my handouts. Since I am a scrapbooker... I pretty much just use stuff I have in my stash but the different colored dotted cardstock you see me use... like on this handout is from a company called Bo Bunny. I've been designing for them for about 5 years now. Anyhooooo... here's a link to some of the papers I am referring to. It's called Bo Bunny Double Dot Cardstock.... to be exact. :) Oh..... and I punched some hearts out of yellow cardstock so I could glue them down and create a border to fill some space behind the broom. I hope this makes sense! Got a lot on my plate this week so I am in a bit of a rush today! I will be posting Lesson #7's handout either today or tomorrow so ya'll can get a headstart on those!
♥Toodles!♥

3 comments:

  1. This is darling! Thanks, Shanna! I'll be whipping this one up for next week's lesson! Thanks for making it so easy too with the quote all ready. You're a life saver and such a talented girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you from me too. Cute! And I LOOOOVE that you did a pdf of the quote. It DOES make it easy. Thanks again for sharing your talent and adding one more thing to your plate. Me and everyone of my girls really appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ***Gasp*** What kind of grammer is that??? I and every one of my girls thank you. Doh.

    ReplyDelete

Have something nice to say?