Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Lesson #31 Group Activities: A Basis for Wise Dating














Lesson 31's handout is kinda fun! I LOVE these "Potee People" and when thinking about group activity handouts they instantly came to mind! The back of this handout will be used during the lesson as the girls discuss different fun activities that can be done with big groups. I will have them write the ideas down as they brainstorm for a few minutes.
As for the construction of these... I own a table-top die cutting machine called a QuicKutz Revolution. The little potee people are dies that I have and cut out on my Revolution. Easy peasy! Now..... I KNOW most of you probably don't have something like this at your disposal so here's a couple more ideas on how you can get these images onto your handouts.
These are stamps I had in my collection that I purchased for 50% off at Hobby Lobby. If you have these or something similar you can stamp the people right on the handout or you can stamp them on white cardstock then cut them out like I did here as a sample.
The other option would be to use free clipart from the internet. I found these online that can be printed and cut out onto colored cardstock. Then flip them over to glue them onto the hand out.
As for the rest of the handout, I used this free font called I Wish I Were Taller. I printed onto some patterned cardstock then glued it down on some white. I used my scalloped scissors to create the edge then used a zig-zag stitch on my sewing machine to stitch around the handout. I use my sewing machine for scrapbooking projects a lot! I rarely use it for sewing on fabric. Funny, but true!
**** I also wanted to mention because I have received several emails already.... some of these handouts I can create for you to purchase. I'm not saying it will be an option for EVERY handout but some of them, depending on my time and supplies, I would be willing to sell. I would quote you a price based on the number of handouts you need so if you'd like more info or want to "purchase" these or other handouts from me you can contact me at shannavineyard@comcast.net THANKS SO MUCH! ♥

2 comments:

  1. I just love all your stuff. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. I'm an LDS too and a Single Adult. I really love our standards especially when it comes to group dating. Thanks for this. :)

    ReplyDelete

Have something nice to say?