Thursday, September 28, 2017

Come Listen to a Prophet's Voice - General Conference Notes

HI friends! Thanks for stopping by!  This morning when I was at the gym I found myself downloading an Audio Book through the Deseret Bookshelf app. This is my favorite way to “Read” because hearing the author speak seems to sink in to where I need it to go. It’s also a lot more practical being a busy mom who works from home and has a million things going on. I love getting on the treadmill and learning while moving!  
I didn’t get very far into the book by John Bytheway called Righteous Warriors before being inspired to create this fun worksheet to give our Youth… or anyone really… a place to jot down words from our General Authorities this weekend during Conference.  My new calling in our ward is 1st Counselor in Young Women’s so of course I was thinking of them when the idea to design this came into my heart.
I have always loved John Bytheway and how he makes learning about the Gospel so fun and easy to relate to. He was referring to Alma 43 as he explained how Moroni, going into battle, seeked the advice of the prophet Alma to know where the threats were.  This same principle applies in our day. Every 6 months we are blessed with hearing the words and guidance of our Latter-Day Prophet and other leaders in our church as they give inspired counsel, direction, and even warnings about what we should and should not be doing as we prepare for the second coming of Jesus Christ and to protect ourselves and our families from the war that 
Satan is waging against us. 
I’m a sketcher and a journaler so I love fun and creative ways I can take important notes. Hopefully this will be used to highlight favorite quotes and counsel but then placed somewhere it can be seen and referred to long after the words hit the heart and paper.  CLICK HERE TO GO TO A PRINTABLE PDF VERSION or save the image to your desktop and copy and paste it into a word doc to print. Either way.... ENJOY!!!!! And have a fabulous General Conference weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something nice to say?