I hope the handout I made for this lesson doesn't totally scare or intimidate those who aren't into scrap booking. There's lots of cutting but it's SUPER cute and I think your Young Women will L♥VE it so that makes it worth it right?
I found an old school handout in my file that had these phrases on it so of course I had to use them. Click here to get the pdf of the wording strips. I have this jumbo flower punch that I used but I traced it to make the pattern for those who don't have a punch. I drew out the rest of the shapes you'll need as well. Click here to download the font I used called Smiley Monster.
Here's some quick step-by-step instructions on how to create this handout!
1. Trace all shapes onto whatever scrapbooking paper you choose and cut them out.
2. I used my sewing machine and stitched a white border around the edge of the house to give it an extra homey-crafty feel. You could also use an extra-fine black pen and just add linework like what's around the sun.
3. I glued the house to some white cardstock and then trimmed it leaving a tiny white border. This just reinforces the cardstock and I think it looks cute too! :)
4. Add linework to the flower, stem and sun then glue them down.
5. Add heart to top of house (I had some chipboard hearts but you can use a punch on this too! Or cut one out yourself!) and add green tied ribbon for leaves to the stem.
6. Glue down button for flower center and adhere wordstrips and YOU'RE DONE! ♥